Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Day Another App

Let me explain how this whole blog thing will work itself out. I write in a variety of styles, and this is not the first blog that I've had the pleasure of writing. I'll try to give you a heads up about the category or topics covered in the entry. The categories will range from Inspirations to Instructions to Narratives to Coding Tips. This one is a narrative.

The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning; a pleasant song filled the room and quickly tore me from my dreams and placed me in Texas. I don't often get up at 5:30, and today was no exception. After a snooze my wife got up to get ready for work, and after another, I rolled out of bed to make us both breakfast. I really enjoy breakfast.

After my wife drove off to work, I read, cleaned up the kitchen, packed a lunch, and went to work. As usual, I was the first to arrive, and before anyone else had arrived, I had a cup of hot coffee in my hand and a list of completed task. I spent the rest of the day developing a new administrative panel for my dynamic webpage management system (when I say "my" I'm referring to my company, not just myself).

On the way home, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few of the basics: milk, eggs, bread, corn starch, and cotton rounds. I've noticed that my grocery lists have already begun the obvious shift from a bachelor list to a married man list; the recent development is quite enjoyable to observe (and participate in). I would have been out of the store within ten minutes, but by the time I had checked off all the other items on my list, I discovered that I hadn't the fainted clue what corn starch looks like. I imagined a clear liquid in a medium glass bottle with a picture of corn on it. Half an hour later, I asked someone who worked there what corn starch looked like, and she immediately walked me to the baking section next to the flower and picked up a can with big letters across the front: Corn Starch. Incidentally, the first place I looked was in the Baking/Flour department.

I arrived home to see my beautiful wife cooking dinner and my energetic dog running laps around the island. After a long day, it was good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll make you try to find Zantham Gum next time. ;)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete